Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Anne Demeulemeester fall 09

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
So, I decided to finalllly do a post on Anne Demeulemeester's Fall Collection. Late in the game I know, but better late than never I say. Her fall collection, to me, was fantastic. It suited her androgyny and her masculinity perfectly. I found the edwardian interpretations, the riding boots, and the huge, twisted knits crazy! The feather headdresses blended wonderfully with the black/white palette and provided some whimsy to the dark nature of the line. Anne stayed true to her style with this collection, differing from her spring collection's colorful and greek interpretations. I think some people wanted to see her begin to open up more with colors after her spring collection and wondered why she went back to her darker, "safer" palette. On style.com, she was quoted as saying "It was more a matter of balance: the strength of black protecting the fragility of white. I wanted something to give women more of a masculine shape". I fell in love with her work, I can't get enough of the darker looks, and as you saw in my last post, I feel quite strongly attached to one color looks, which she obviously catered to! I want to find/make a feather headdress for fall! DIY!! I am completely coveting those ridiculously thick, luxurious knits she created. I neeeeeed to get my little hands on one of those. Also, I am in love with those riding boots! The textures, the draping, the "rib cage" corset....it's all amazing! Next I think I am going to do some interpretations of how i can bring her spring collection runway to "real way" in my closet. Off to work on a presentation for class tonight! Have a fantastic day.

♥ XOXO, LBP
photos from tFs.

1 comment:

Love + Cake said...

The show was sooo SOOO fabulous. I love just about everything here. Nice choice :)

xx. mavi