Thursday, April 9, 2009

style inspiration of the moment: Stripes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm feeling stripes lately. I want to find some good basic striped pieces like the ones above and incorporate them into my wardrobe. I also like the idea of mixing stripes with other patterns. Navy and white stripes have always reminded me of Paris. I guess it goes back to Parisian style a la Jane Birkin, Catherine Deneuve, Brigette Bardot, Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, and Clemence Poesy. The last mentioned, Clemence is incredibly interesting. To me she isn't your average girl-of-the-moment basking in the glow of the spotlight. She has great style and her natural beauty fascinates me. I went through lots of photos of her at fashion shows and countless photos of her past film works. I chose a few personal favorites to share with you out of the vast array of pictures of her that I came across. On another note, brought up by her perfect red lipstain(see last picture of C.P.), I am still searching for the perfect red lip stain. I want to live in it once I do. HelpmefindoneASAP.

Here are some of the lovely photos of my elected Belle du Jour, Miss Poesy.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic



If anyone has any suggestions on lipstains/brands/colors etc. Let me know!

♥ XOXO, LBP

photos from tFs, Oaknyc, UO, and shopbop.

No comments: