Wednesday, April 15, 2009

stylin' mamas

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After finding out my bestest, best friend is pregnant (that's us in the photo above),  I went on a rampage looking for photos of stylish ladies during their pregnancies. With as many people getting pregnant these days I figured I would find lots of people that had good "maternity style". Turns out I found myself looking at countless photos of Nicole Richie. She was and is (congrats on Number 2!) the epitome of pregnant mama chic'! I came up with some cool ideas for dressing for your body when you are pregnant. Now, I don't have personal experience, but these are some things I think could work out and ensure that during your pregnancy you look less frumpy, more radiant!
Stylish Mamacitas To Do List
  1. Avoid tent like dresses. Nobody should look like they are wearing a "moomoo".
  2. Do wear shirts and dresses that accentuate your burgeoning belly. Nothing is more beautiful than a proud, pregnant woman. Think "fitted".
  3. Avoid too many patterns. Wear simple colors and styles. Black is my fave.
  4. Accessorize! Wear colorful shoes, jewelry, scarves etc. Colors, patterns and textures can really liven up any wardrobe. Brightly colored shoes can really liven up any ensemble.
  5. Wear belts underneath your belly! I don't know why, but I think it looks so chic! I love the idea of accentuating your big, beautiful belly!
  6. Have fun. Wear what you feel good in. Don't let go of your personal/signature style just because you are pregnant. 
  7. Take care of yourself. Eat well, take your vitamins, drink lots of water, get some good ole' fashioned exercise. 
  8. Oh and if you have time (make time), Read Skinny Bitch Bun in the Oven. It's amazing!
  9. Keep up with your skin. Wear moisturizer! Get Pedicures/Manicures.
  10. Wear red lipstick! In other words, don't let your makeup routine go down the toilet. Continue "doing yourself up". You will feel better if you do. ; )
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Here are some photos of a fellow blogger with ridiculously good style and looks. I was blown away when I found a link to her page. I have never seen anyone make being pregnant look anymore stylish than she. Definitely check her page out!
These are my favorites:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I know this post was a bit different, but I hope it was fun for y'all to read! I can't wait to plan my BF's baby shower and buy cute baby clothes and go shopping for clothes once her tummy starts growing! yay! Have a great day :)

Photos from tFs and my daily style.




♥ XOXO, LBP

2 comments:

Miss Tiffany said...

Awwwweee!! Thank you sooo much!! I loooove it and i cant wait to dress like that!!!!

Miss Tiffany said...

Awwweeee I loooove it!!! I cant wait to dress like that! Thank you sooo much!!!